- January 9, 2019
- Posted by: cileasing
- Category: Training
Our client in a multinational corporation in Nigeria with diverse interest in Petroleum Exploration and Production, Haulage & Logistics which offers its services and business solutions to a global network of clientele, is looking for a vibrant, energetic, proactive and intelligent individual to join the team in the capacity below:
Job Title: Clearing and Forwarding Manager, Clearing and Forwarding Officer, Clearing and Forwarding Executive.
Area of Expertise/Specialty: Oil & Gas goods ranging from equipment, chemicals, etc.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. A Master’s degree and certifications in Shipping and Logistics will be an added advantage.
Minimum of 5 years cognate experience in a clearing & forwarding company in Nigeria. Responsibilities and Duties
• Ensure projects are completed on time and with high standard.
• Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives and procedures.
• Ensure that purchased goods are delivered to the respective buyers.
• Manage staff, prepare work schedules, and assign specific duties
• Liaise with customers and other relevant agencies on job briefs.
• Hold periodic meetings with clients and agencies.
• Handles documentation related to the shipments, including insurance forms and dispatch forms.
• Ensures that the shipment is compliant with the hazardous shipping compliance information.
• Keeps track of routing information and verify that the carrier he uses is properly licensed.
• Develops logistics which he uses to track changes and ensure delivery of goods.
• Orders containers which will be used for packaging cargo to be delivered to the right locations, and he researches freight rates.
• Oversee activities related to clearing & forwarding
• Direct and coordinate activities related to the business
• Perform other duties assigned by the management.
• Must have-an operational knowledge of the ports and government agencies.
• Must have knowledge of proper clearing and haulage documentations for both import and export and have appropriate knowledge of inspection agents, banks, shipping companies and terminals.
• Must have the ability to liaise with the Nigeria Customs Service and shipping companies for import and export documentations.
• Must have knowledge of the Customs and Excise HS Code and explanatory notes.
• Mastery of the internet for business purposes.
• Pleasant personality and ability.
• Communication Proficiency
• Organizational Skills
• Time Management
• Leadership Skills.
Qualified applicants should send CVs to Fehintola.firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com